Dairy cattle nutrition, forage production and conservation
- Field of interest
- 4 weeks
Learn how to devise forage production plans, prepare silage, work out rations, feed dairy cows, and rear calves and young stock with the study "dairy cattle nutrition, forage production and conservation".
- 4 weeks
- Small groups
This programme is gearded towards:
- owners and managerial staff of private, public, or cooperative dairy farms
- dairy training institute staff
- extension workers
- staff of advisory services who deal with all management aspects of dairy farms
Training date6 April 2020 - 1 May 2020
This programme consists of three modules which contents the following subjects:
- devize soil fertilization plans
- develop a grazing management plan
- formulate silage
- optimize rumen fermentation, prevent metabolic disorders
- systems for reducing greenhouse gas emissions (CH4) in dairy cattle nutrition
- assess and calculate roughage supplies
- calculate and optimize rations for the various Lactation stages of dairy cows
- calf and young stock feeding and growth targets
- feeding systems, TMR
- systems for monitoring feeding management
ResultsWhen you complete the programme "Dairy cattle nutrition, forage production and conservation", you can devise forage production plans, prepare silage, work out rations, feed dairy cows, and rear calves and young stock. With your newly developed competencies, you return to your home country a confident and well-trained professional.
Application deadlineScholarship: apply before 10 October 2019 if you want to take part in this course with a scholarship (OKP or MSP).
Alternative funding: if you are applying with alternative (own) funding you can apply up to 2 months prior to the start of the programme.