These training themes are included throughout this programme:
Theoretic knowledge concerning outbreak management.
- Which diseases are important in relation to outbreak management.
- What ways do infectious diseases spread.
- Basic rules of hygiene:
What are those rules (and why).
Correct method for washing hands, disinfection, shower and changing into appropriate and clean clothes.
- To design and correctly implement a hygienic sluice in a farm.
- Which products can be used and the correct way of using disinfection products.
- How to develop a protocol and how to implement it in a company/organization.
- Determining the effect of an outbreak (a zoonosis) on human and animal health and economic consequences
Practical knowledge concerning outbreak management:
- Developing your own biosecurity system in an agricultural environment.
- Develop a protocol and implementation in a company/organization.
- What way to educate co-workers and implement the system in your business.
- Correct use of disinfectants.
- Disinfecting animal housing systems.
Distance learning: case study, individual and group assignment, presentation, lecture, self-study, design project, practicum.