Incubation and (broiler) parent stock management
- Field of interest
- 4 weeks
Learn how to give advice about incubation, breeder management and hatching relationship, breakout and chick quality, and calculate hatchery capacity, with the study "Incubation and (broiler) parent stock management".
- 4 weeks
- Small groups
This course is geared toward:
- managers in the field of incubation and poultry breeding
- poultry extension officers
- teachers and instructors
Training date2 March 2020 - 27 March 2020
These training themes are included throughout this programme:
- management of broiler parent stock
- nutrition of broiler parent stock
- embryology and hatching, including related
- practises, climate, and hatch assessments
- hatchery planning
- excursions to leading hatcheries
When you complete this study, you can advise others about incubation aspects, describe the relation between breeder management and hatching results, assess breakout and chick quality, and calculate the required hatchery capacity to prepare a high-quality layout.
Application deadlineScholarship: apply before 10 October 2019 if you want to take part in this course with a scholarship (OKP or MSP).
Alternative funding: if you are applying with alternative (own) funding you can apply up to 2 months prior to the start of the programme.